Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NutritionData.com

Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com
On Nutrition Data, you'll find detailed nutrition information, plus unique analysis tools that tell you more about how foods affect your health and make it easier to choose healthy foods.
This website is amazing. You can find the "food labels" for any food, even things like bananas and eggs where you might not purchase the product with a label on it. My favorite part about this website, however, are the tools it offers free to visitors of the site. Today, for example, my diet was low in protein, high in fat, and right on for carbohydrates. I needed a food that was high in protein, low in fat, and somewhat low in carbs. I utilized the Nutrient Search tool to find a list of foods that would round out today's meals. In the top five I noticed nonfat mozarella cheese, and it was easy peasy to add a bit of it to my salad at dinner. Have I said I love this website?

0 comments:

Drop The Scale   © 2009. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP